The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering came into existence in the year 1998. The department offers a UG programme (B.E.) in Electronics and Communication Engineering and PG programmes (M.E.) in Applied Electronics and Communication Systems with high class technical expertise to the students. The department is accredited by NAAC with “A” grade and also been accredited by NBA for the period from 2009 to 2015. The department has also been recognized as a centre for carrying out Ph.D. /M.S. (By Research) programme under Anna University, Chennai. The department has a dedicated team of faculty members with high industrial/research and teaching experience. Our CBCS (Choice Based Credit System) flexible curriculum offers students a holistic view of the field, an understanding of how to solve problems, and a focus on modeling and abstraction that prepares them for success in a wide range of industries, from software to core disciplines. The Department has strong interaction with industries and the students are exposed to the cutting-edge technologies applied in industries by way of internships, in-plant trainings and industrial visits. The students, as a part of their curriculum are constantly organizing events through clubs like IEEE, ISTE, astronomy, etc. The placement record has also been very impressive ever since the department has emerged.
News and Events
To provide quality education in the fundamentals as well as the current trends in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering, to continuously update the various facilities in the department to facilitate R&D and consulting activities and to disseminate knowledge by organizing seminars, Faculty Development Programs and Workshops.
To be a center of excellence for technological education, training & research and to produce world class Electronics and Communication Engineers to serve the nation and the society.
|Programme||B.E ECE||M.E CS||M.E AE|
|Year of Starting||1998||2004||2012|
|Number of Labs||7||1||1|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Zoho, Infosys, Accenture, Cognizant, WIPRO|
Programme Educational Objectives
|PEO1||Excel in professional career to provide engineering solutions by demonstrating technical competence in electronics and communication engineering.|
|PEO2||Identify, analyze and formulate problems to offer appropriate design solutions that are technically superior, economically feasible, environmentally compatible and socially acceptable.|
|PEO3||Achieve progress in professional and research career through communication skills, team work and knowledge up gradation through continuous education.|
|PO-A||Apply the knowledge of the physical sciences, mathematics, computing, Electronics and Communication Engineering fundamentals for modeling and solving complex engineering problems.|
|PO-B||Design and Conduct scientific and engineering experiments, as well as to analyze, evaluate and Interpret generated data pertaining to engineering activities.|
|PO-C||Design and evaluate complex systems for specific purpose in Electronics and Communication Engineering, with due considerations for economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety considerations.|
|PO-D||Identify complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems, formulate, analyze, design and provide solution for them.|
|PO-E||Apply appropriate techniques, skills, and modern tools for the design and analysis of engineering systems.|
|PO-F||Attain broad education to provide engineering solution by taking environment and sustainability into consideration.|
|PO-G||Understand the contemporary technical, professional issues and provide engineering solution for societal problems.|
|PO-H||Develop consciousness of professional, ethical, legal, security, social issues and responsibilities.|
|PO-I||Function effectively as individuals and in teams which may involve people from diverse background to accomplish a common goal.|
|PO-J||Communicate effectively both in written and oral form to address activities with engineering community and society.|
|PO-K||Engage in lifelong learning through higher studies/additional qualifications to adapt technical changes.|
|PO-L||Apply engineering and management fundamentals to manage the projects in time with due consideration for finance.|
1. R-2011 B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering
2. R-2015 B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering
3. R-2016 B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering
4. R-2017 B.E Electronics and Communication Engineering
5. R-2015 M.E Communication Systems
6. R-2015 M.E Applied Electronics
|1.||ESD/DIGITAL Lab||CRO(0-20)MHz,(0-30)MHz Function Generator(0-3)MHz Power supply,(0-32)V||The digital lab facilitates the students with Digital trainer kits and Digital IC testers for practical implementations of Digital circuits|
|2.||Electronics Lab||DSO(0-70MHz) CRO(0-20)MHz,(0-30)MHz Pulse Generator(0-20)MHz Function Generator(0-3)MHz||The electronics lab has function generators, pulse generators and IC trainer kits to have practical realizations of electronic circuits|
|3.||Communication Lab||DSO(0-70MHz) CRO(0-20)MHz,(0-30)MHz Pulse Generator(0-20)MHz Function Generator(0-3)MHz||The communication lab has DSOs, CROs, signal generators to verify the basic communication blocks and systems|
|4.||Microprocessor Lab||8085 Microprocessor kits (Micro 85 EB) 6.144MHz 8086 Microprocessor kits (Micro 86/88-EB LCD Version)4.77MHz 8051 Microcontroller kits(Micro 51-LC - LCD Version),12 MHz||The microprocessor lab helps the students o work in 8085 microcontrollers and 8051 microprocessors thus ending up in practical experiments|
|5.||RF, Optical Lab & Microwave Lab||Microwave Benches Microwave Power Meter Advanced Fiber Optic Trainer Kit with BER module Spectrum Analyzer (GPS- 810),1GHZ RF Modular Set Advanced Antenna Training System (ATS 2002, 86- 860MHZ ) Power Meter (E4418B) & Power sensor (C8481) Network Analyzer With Accessories(E5061A),1.5GHz Telescope DSO(70MHz,1GHz)||The microwave lab facilitates the students with Microwave test bench, Antenna kit and Fiber Optic Trainer kit thus aiding the students to have practical realizations of Microwave circuits|
|6.||VLSI Lab||Tanner tools pro – A complete VLSI design system (5users) Universal VLSI development Kit with Spartan III 400K FPGA Microwind software version3.5 (25 users) Xilinx ISE design software with both front end and back end tool-version 5.2i Universal demo board (SE-UNV-BRD) Xilinx Virtex-E FPGA advanced development kit||The VLSI lab has Microwind, Xilinx Software, MATLAB 7, ARM 7, ESA MCB51, Tanner Tool, Spartan and Universal Demo Kits to help the students to do various VLSI implementations.|
|7.||DSP and Networks Lab||TMS3206713 based DSP starter kit with code composer studio. Matlab 7.3 Release 2006b Updated 2007b.(5 users) TMS 320C5416 DSP Trainer Kit with onboard Codec DSP Trainer Kit TMS320C50 Netsim Networking Software (15 users) Data Communication Trainer Kit Tetcos LAN Trainer Kit||The DSP lab provides the students the tools like MATLAB 7, TMS320C6713 DSP Starter Kit, Netsim and Data Communication Trainer Kit to practically implement signal processing algorithms.|
|8.||PG Lab FREDERICK. P. BROOKS||DELL OPTIPLEX 330 Intel Core2 Duo E8400@3.00Ghz,2.99Ghz,2GBRAM, 160GB HDD, 19” Monitor (27 nos.)||The PG lab has MATLAB tool so that the students can simulate all the communication networks and blocks|
|9.||Embedded Systems Lab||ARM 7 Development board- ESA MCB2140-ED LPC2148 8051 Development board- ESA MCB51-2||Embedded System lab aids the students to work in various platforms of embedded and Integrated devices|
- Syllabus benchmarked with premier institutions/Universities like Anna University Chennai, PSG College of Technology, Thiagarajar College of Engineering and various foreign universities.
- Feedback is obtained from Alumni and Employers for the enhancement of Teaching Learning Process for the betterment of students.
- Motivating the students to enroll in online certification courses like Edx, Coursera, MIT, NPTEL etc.
- Forming Special Interest Groups involving faculty with talented students and applying for Funded Projects.
- To improve the R&D activities, Publication by each faculty in high impact and indexed journal is recommended. Publications Carry credits
- As a Center of Excellence in VLSI, Cadence training is conducted for both students and faculty to enhance their technical skills.
- Encouraging the students to be members of variousProfessional Societies and organizing events in the societies like IEEE/ISTE/SAE/CSI
- Organizing Industrial visits and motivating them to attend Inplant training during the semester holidays.
- Students undergone final year projects as Internships in BSNL, Salzer, Pricol ,Robert Bosch, Heterogenous Communication Technologies etc.
- Motivating the students to present technical papers in national/international conferences, participate in project contests and technical events conducted by premier institutions to enhance core placements.
- Participation in paper presentation and project contest conducted by various departments.
- Student counseling is given through tutor ward system.
- Snap talk is done in the classroom to improve the oral communication skills in students.
- To improve Human Value and Ethics among the students, Motivational videos are shown to the students
- Encouraging students to participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Various Vibrant activities are conducted based on technical and fun filled events for personal development.
- Sky watch programmeduring special events through astronomy club.
- Mini project exhibition is organized to inculcate the practical knowledge of students in various areas of specialization.
- Innovators club and Hobby Club for nurturing the nascent ideas of the young minds through project design contest and brainstorming sessions.
- Motivating the students to participate in English club activities, NSS, Photography club ,Humour club, Music and fine arts club in the college
|Number of Eligible Students||118||111||98||94||130|
|Number of Students Placed||90||86||64||80||121|
|Number of Students Self Employed / Higher Studies||23||18||21||9||6|
|1||Dr. S.Sophia||Professor & Head|
|2||Dr. M. Karpagam||Professor|
|3||Dr. S.Sasi Priya||Professor|
|5||Dr. V. Nandalal||Associate Professor|
|6||Ms. J. Sathya Priya||Associate Professor|
|7||Dr. V.R. Balaji||Associate Professor|
|8||Ms. C.Thirumarai Selvi||Associate Professor|
|9||Ms. N. Kalaivani||Associate Professor|
|10||Ms. D. Devi||Associate Professor|
|11||Ms. K. Suriya||Associate Professor|
|12||Ms. R. Jennie Bharathi||Associate Professor|
|13||Mr. B.Veerasamy||Associate Professor|
|14||Mr. D. Selvakumar||Associate Professor|
|15||Mr. V.Karthik||Assistant Professor|
|16||Mr. R.Sarath Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|17||Ms. K.R.Siva Bharathi||Assistant Professor|
|18||Ms. D.V.Soundari||Assistant Professor|
|19||Mr. M.Ramkumar||Assistant Professor|
|20||Ms. R. Nivedha||Assistant Professor|
|21||Ms. S. Nikila||Assistant Professor|
|22||Ms. H. Muneera Begum||Assistant Professor|
|23||Ms. C. Senthamilarasi||Assistant Professor|
|24||Mr. N.Girinath||Assistant Professor|
|25||Mr. C.Visvesvaran||Assistant Professor|
|27||Ms. B.Anish Fathima||Assistant Professor|
|28||Ms. B.Vidhya||Assistant Professor|
|30||Ms.Wims Magdalene Mary||Assistant Professor|
|31||Ms. Rajeswari Aravind||Assistant Professor|
|32||Mr. S.P.Karthi||Assistant Professor|
|33||Ms. S.M.Asha Banu||Assistant Professor|
|34||Ms. T.Abirami||Assistant Professor|
|35||Ms. N.Nanthini||Assistant Professor|
|36||Mr. R.Vigneshram||Assistant Professor|
|37||Ms. D.A.Janeera||Assistant Professor|
|39||Ms.Anie Selva Jothi||Assistant Professor|
|41||Mr J.R.Dinesh Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|43||Ms.Nithiya Aravind||Assistant Professor|
|44||Ms.D.Ruth Anitha Shirley||Assistant Professor|
|1.||Sai Daya Shankar G||III CSE C||Coding Contest - Sri Eashwar College|
|2.||Shiv Ashwath||III CSE C||Coding Contest - Sri Eashwar College|
|3.||Sangamithra A.K, Sandhya S||III CSE C||Paper Presentation - CIT|
Symposium and Conferences
Dr SJK Jagadeesh Kumar,
Professor and Head,
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology,
Coimbatore - 641 008,
Office Working Hours : 08.45 AM to 05.30 PM
0422 2678001 - (7 Lines)