- SoM, SKCET admits students on the basis of TANCET and CET scores. Since the college attracts top ranked students in these entrance examinations, the students’ overall performance is remarkably well.
- Being an autonomous institution, SoM enjoys extra leverage to continuously fine-tune its curriculum to suit the industry requirements. The subjects being taught are a blend of Management theory & practice which stands the students in good stead to face the challenges posed by the industry.
- The following specialization streams are offered for the students of SoM:
- Human Resource
- Each stream offers 10 elective courses covering all aspects of the stream. The students have the flexibility to choose eight elective courses from any of the above elective streams.
- A team of highly qualified and experienced faculty is the biggest strength of SoM, SKCET. 80 % of faculty members hold Doctoral degree in Management and they have an average of 15 + years of teaching and industrial experience.
- SoM, SKCET is one of the authorized research centre of Anna University, for carrying out Doctoral Research.
- SoM, SKCET secured 41st place among the top B-Schools in India from the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) – 2016 of MHRD, Govt. of India.
Programme Educational Objectives
|PEO1||To prepare the management graduates for gainful employment and engage them in the holistic application of management patterns in real life business environment.|
|PEO2||To ease the management graduates to explore the entrepreneurial opportunities emanating in the domestic and global environment and capitalizing those opportunities into innovative business ventures.|
|PEO3||To inculcate in management graduates academic interest and aptitude to actively pursue research and consultancy appointments.|
|PEO4||To create responsibly and ethically committed corporate citizens with the thirst for knowledge through lifelong learning.|
|PO A||An ability to apply knowledge of management, science and engineering .|
|PO B||Proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams.|
|PO C||An ability to apply the techniques, skills and innovative tools necessary for management practices.|
|PO D||An ability to capitalize the business opportunities emanating in the domestic and planetary surroundings.|
|PO E||An ability to put across effectively in every business setting.|
|PO F||An ability to dissect and render data for pulling in job decisions.|
|PO G||An ability to develop schemes to achieve desired business outcomes.|
|PO H||An ability to identify, assess and solve managerial problems in a global environmental context.|
|PO I||An understanding of professional, ethical and social duties.|
|PO J||A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.|
|PO K||A knowledge of contemporary topics in the area of management.|
1. R2016 - MBA
|1.||LINUS-TORVALDS LAB||Lenovo Think Center M72e,Intel Core i3 3rd Gen 3220 Processor,Intel H61 Express Chipset Motherboard,4GB DDR3 RAM @ 133 Mhz,500GB HDD@7200 RPM, 18.5"Flat Panel Monitor,Server -1, Client Systems -65, Printer – 4, LCD Projector -1, Head Phone -30.|
|Number of Eligible Students||118||111||98||94||130|
|Number of Students Placed||90||86||64||80||121|
|Number of Students Self Employed / Higher Studies||23||18||21||9||6|
|1||Dr. C. Ramakrishnan||Professor & Director|
|2||Dr. D. Visagamoorthi||Professor|
|3||Dr. K. B. Sridevi||Professor|
|4||Mr. C. Julian Gnanadhas||Associate Professor|
|5||Dr. P. Thamarai Selvi||Associate Professor|
|6||Dr. V. Priyadarshini||Associate Professor|
|7||Dr. N. Manicha Mahesh||Associate Professor|
|8||Ms. T. Krishnasamy||Assistant Professor|
|9||Mr. P. Rajan||Assistant Professor|
|10||Ms. P. Vijayalakshmi Menon||Assistant Professor|
|11||Ms. R. Geetha||Assistant Professor|
|12||Mr. A. Thangaraj||Assistant Professor|
|13||Ms. A Jovita Catherine Mary||Assistant Professor|
|14||Dr. S. Arunkumar||Assistant Professor|
|15||Mr. D. Arunkumar||Assistant Professor|
|16||Ms. N. Madhumetha||Assistant Professor|
|17||Ms. A. Lourdu Rose Abinaya||Assistant Professor|
|18||Ms. K.S. Sreejamol||Assistant Professor|