The Computer Applications Department was established in the year 2000. The Department offers 3 year MCA Degree course. Due to Infrastructure, Facilities and Faculty, the Department has secured Anna University Permanent Affiliation in the year 2013 – 2014. Dedicated and Experienced faculty, 5 of them with Ph.D degrees, 4 with MCA, M.E and 3 with MCA, M.Phil drawn from industries and reputed academic institutions form the backbone of the department. The department has 2 Laboratories created with futuristic vision. The Department is also a recognized research centre for offering PhD programmes under Anna University. The students of the Computer Applications department are well molded for the industrial environment by encouraging them to undergo a Field work in the industry, and make them do industry projects. Their creativity is also kindled by encouraging them to participate in inter-college competitions, mini project exhibitions, etc. The department also organizes several training program, workshops, seminars, etc for staff and students every year.
News and Events
1. To provide high quality education in the field of Computer Applications to tomorrow's technocrats and software professionals.
2. Programmed teaching and hands on training with the state of the art implements.
3. To impart highly essential qualities of team spirit, dedication and the art of leadership to its wards.
To enrich the knowledge of students through value based education and to endeavour for constant upgradation of technical expertise of faculty and students to cater to the needs of the society.
|Year of Starting||2000|
|Number of Labs||2|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Zoho, Infosys, Accenture, Cognizant, WIPRO, Skava|
Programme Educational Objectives
|PEO1||To prepare the students for gainful employment and engage them in holistic application of the knowledge in the industry.|
|PEO2||To inculcate in computer graduates academic interest and aptitude to actively pursue research and consultancy appointments.|
|PO-A||Graduates would be able to apply knowledge to solve problems and design efficient software.|
|PO-B||Graduates would be able to identify, formulate, and analyze problems and arrive at solutions.|
|PO-C||Graduates can apply the software technology to solve mathematical, computing, communications/networking and commercial problems.|
|PO-D||Graduates will have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.|
|PO-E||Graduates will have the ability to communicate effectively.|
|PO-F||Lifelong learning to update their knowledge in latest technologies.|
|1.||CAR HOARE LAB||Intel Core I3 (4th Gen.), 4130 processor Intel H81 Express Chipset Motherboard 4GB DDR3 Ram @ 1600 MHZ FSB 500gb Sata Hard Disk Drive 7200 Rpm 18.5” Wide Led Flat Panel Monitor 104 Keys Keyboard Optical Scroll Mouse Micro Tower Cabinet 6 Usb Ports|
|2.||PETER CHEN LAB||Intel Core I3 (4th Gen.), 4130processor Intel H81 Express Chipset Motherboard 4GB DDR3 Ram @ 1600 MHZ FSB 500gb Sata Hard Disk Drive 7200 Rpm 18.5” Wide Led Flat Panel Monitor 104 Keys Keyboard Optical Scroll Mouse Micro Tower Cabinet 6 Usb Ports|
- The curriculum is designed in such a way that it has adequate components for the professional development of students towards final recruitment.
- Recognised Research center.
- Provides additional value added courses in the relevant areas of specialization as per the industry needs.
- The progress in the learning process of the students are monitored, discussed and weaknesses are identified for remedial actions.
- Making a student completely eligible to enter into the job market is perceived to be among the most significant practice adopted by the Department.
- Organizing value added programs such as seminars, guest lectures by eminent personalities, certification programs, National/International Conferences, Symposiums, Communication Skill Training, Aptitude training etc., as means of increasing the placement of students.
|Total No. of Students||70||72||70||58||45||59|
|Number of Eligible Students||46||34||66||36||33||42|
|Number of Students Placed||32||27||52||31||24||3|
|1||Dr. U. K. Sridevi||Professor and Head|
|2||Dr. P. Karthigayani||Associate Professor|
|3||Dr. Jayasudha Subburaj||Associate Professor|
|4||Dr. P. Shanthi||Associate Professor|
|5||DR. TAMIZHCHELVY K||Associate Professor|
|6||Ms. T. Latha Maheswari||Asst. Professor|
|7||Dr. W. Regis Anne||Asst. Professor|
|8||Ms. Antonitta Eileen Pious||Asst. Professor|
|9||Ms. M. Visalatchi||Asst. Professor|
|10||Ms. C. Soundarya Veni||Asst. Professor|
|11||Ms. R. Hema Priyanka||Asst. Professor|
|1.||Sai Daya Shankar G||III CSE C||Coding Contest - Sri Eashwar College|
|2.||Shiv Ashwath||III CSE C||Coding Contest - Sri Eashwar College|
|3.||Sangamithra A.K, Sandhya S||III CSE C||Paper Presentation - CIT|
Symposium and Conferences
Dr SJK Jagadeesh Kumar,
Professor and Head,
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Sri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology,
Coimbatore - 641 008,
Office Working Hours : 08.45 AM to 05.30 PM
0422 2678001 - (7 Lines)